My email has been filled with questions about travel safety. Each year I have many clients that travel internationally and with the recent events of 2019 many of them are left with questions. So you've heard about the recent events and wonder what we can do to keep safe. Check out these 10 tips
1. Buy a Travel Protection policy! Yeah I know its an added cost but its worth it. having a policy gives you access to a legal team, money for hospitalizations, transfers, etc....
2. Make copies of all your important documents.
Leave 1 copy at home with family and email yourself the 2nd copy.
3. Purchase a door alarm and/or carry a portable alarm. Keep it with you at all times!
You can purchase one here https://www.walmart.com/ip/Travel-Door-Alarm/12183620
4. 911 doesn't work in a foreign country. Find out the local U.S Embassy phone number.
5. Learn safe phrases. Learn how to say "Help me please, Stay away, you're hurting me". If you ever need to use them.......SCREAM them!
6. Stay alert! Pay attention! Avoid being alone at night or in secluded areas.
7. Take a self defense class! Learn how to create space between you and the attacker so that you can get away.
8. Hook up with caution. If you meet someone and want to spend time with them, YOU stay in control at all times.
9. Know the geography laws and customs of the country where you are going to.
10. Enroll in the "STEP" program at the State Department. The Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) is a free service to allow U.S. citizens and nationals traveling and living abroad to enroll their trip with the nearest U.S. Embassy or Consulate.
sign up here https://step.state.gov/
Using these tips will give you the confidence you need to travel safer and smarter.
Let me know what you think.